Saturday, August 29, 2009

For Your Entertainment

Here's a little quiz to test your cinematic knowledge. Can you name these movie quotes? Here's a hint, these movies span from the 1930's to the current decade and are from a variety of genres. Good luck!

1. Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

2. Yes, the actual 10 Commandments, the original stone tablets that Moses came down out of Mount Horeb and smashed if you believe in that sort of thing. Didn't you guys ever go to Sunday School? Look, the Hebrews took the broken pieces and put them into the Ark. When they settled in Cainan they put the Ark in a place called The Temple of Solomon where it stayed for many years. 'Till all of the sudden, whoosh, it was gone.

3. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death.

4. Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerve-hurter.

5. I'm sure that in 1985 plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by.

6. I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness.

7. I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Cubans who are trained to kill me, so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash your badge, and make me nervous.

Extra points if you can name these last three:

8. Well, I guess the gentlemen are in a pretty tall hurry to get me out of here. The way the evidence has piled up against me, I can't say I blame them much. And I'm quite willing to go, sir, when they vote it that way - but before that happens I've got a few things I want to say to this body. I tried to say them once before, and I got stopped colder than a mackerel. Well, I'd like to get them said this time, sir. And as a matter of fact, I'm not going to leave this body until I do get them said.

9. Come on, *all* the long distance lines are down? What about the satellite? Is it snowing in space? Don't you have some kind of a line that you keep open for emergencies or for celebrities? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency.

10. Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage, and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution.

2 comments:

  1. And the answers are:

    1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    2. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    4. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    5. Back to the Future
    6. The Usual Suspects
    7. A Few Good Men
    8. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    9. Ground Hog Day
    10. Lawrence of Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL! I guess I'm glad I came to the comment section.......I can't believe it....I knew #10....but should have known more. Nice little test.............Does this mean I have to go watch every one of them again?

    ReplyDelete