Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cheap Eats

A delicious and inexpensive meal from Thai Kitchen.

I wasn't sure what to expect at first about this little hole in the wall restaurant on Mass Ave near Davis Square and I was a little skeptical when I saw the menu listing both Thai and Chinese dishes, but on the recommendation from some friends we went ahead and gave the place a chance and I'm really glad we did.

I often try Pad Thai when I first go to a Thai restaurant as it's a good dish to compare against other restaurants (can you taste the cilantro and lime? Did they sprinkle on just right amount of crushed peanuts?). But this time I switched it up a little and even though I went with the intention of getting Thai food the urge struck me to order some General Gau's chicken. Liz ordered massaman curry, also one of my favorite Thai dishes, so I got to try both a Chinese and a Thai dish.

All of their lunch specials start with a small bowl of hot & sour soup and then come with crab rangoon and a heaping mound of steamed rice. They even include a small scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. And all for less than seven dollars! We both enjoyed our meals as they were cooked well, presented beautifully and tasted good.

The service was very quick and friendly. The decor was so-so with yellow walls, sparse artwork and a view into the cluttered, tiny kitchen. This was no fine dining experience but if you're looking for a tremdous value then this is is your place.

No comments:

Post a Comment